FORUMS: list search recent posts

spanned clip AMA Xdcam created in 5.5.3 won't work in 6.0

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tina Hedegaard
spanned clip AMA Xdcam created in 5.5.3 won't work in 6.0
on Feb 14, 2012 at 10:34:01 am

Hey

I've had a big project with 4TB of XDCAM materials.
I AMA-linked the clips, transcoded it to xdcam ex 35mbit. A lot of the clips were spanned, but in the processed I checked that everything was working.
I transcoded everything i MediaComposer 5.5.3, and now the client is working in MediaComposer 6.0. Everything except the spanned clips are working just fine.
My client can see the "first picture" of the spanned clip, but when he tries to play, then the clip goes offline.

We have tried to:
- delete the .mdb and .pmr, so Avid could recreate the database
- create a new project in MediaComposer 6.0 and then copy the bin to the new project
- Relink
- Reveal in Finder (funny, but Avid can see the files in the media files)
..but nothing works.

Does anyone have a good idea

Thanks

Yours Sincerely

Tina Hedegaard
Editor | Final Cut Pro 7 | Media Composer 5.0 -5.5
Mac OS 10.6.7

Return to posts index

Tina Hedegaard
Re: spanned clip AMA Xdcam created in 5.5.3 won't work in 6.0
on Feb 16, 2012 at 8:40:49 am

Problem solved.

Just as I had prepared myself for an allnighter transcoding a lot of spanned clips, I got that good feeling.

My client had started a new project, and then copied the bins into the new project. Unfortunately he had set the editing framerate to 29,97 (we live in Denmark, and all the materials are in 25 fps), so each time he tried to play a spanned clip, he just got black screen.

I was reliefed, I expected an allnighter and ended up with 5 minutes of problem solving. I must say that this was probably the only thing I didn't ask him about, I know that till next time.
I am really glad that there's not a bug with spanned clips going from 5.5 to 6.0

Yours Sincerely

Tina Hedegaard
Editor | Final Cut Pro 7 | Media Composer 5.0 -5.5
Mac OS 10.6.7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]