FORUMS: list search recent posts

Synch Problems going from MC 5.5 to 6 and back

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Eckhouse
Synch Problems going from MC 5.5 to 6 and back
on Feb 8, 2012 at 8:03:55 pm

Thank you for your time and help...
I'm running Avid MC 5.5 on my MacPro desktop. My editor installed MC 6 on his laptop. We are trying to work together on a 35mm short I directed. I will do some work on the sequence, then save on a bin, email the bin to him and vice versa. Problem is arising - when I go back to work on the cut he has sent me (after doing his tweaks) - and I open up the ORIGINAL clips from whatever scene. The CLIPS themselves are out of synch. I'm not talking about the sequence. I'm talking about the original clips that I painstakingly synched up at the start of the project (matching time code on the slate with the audio - normal procedure). This didn't happen when both editor and I were working on my machine. Now we are sending back and forth to expedite the process. please note: we are only sending the bin with the worked on sequence. The original media, the first sets of bins with all the synched up takes, all the music etc. was meticulously set up and is completely accessible on both machines. But now, when I go back into a take from a scene - and as it plays in the source (left) monitor - it is out of synch. And when I drop it into the sequence - it remains out of synch. I then have to create a new clip by going into the original media bins and re-synching...Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?!! It might have nothing to do with our trading the bin - might be just my machine. I am befuddled!
Huge thanks for any and all advice - James E.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Synch Problems going from MC 5.5 to 6 and back
on Feb 8, 2012 at 11:28:50 pm

Are your clips.out of.sync...or just playing out.of sync? in other words.is your.machine.just. struggling to kewep up..or has the relationship changed between the audio and the video...do some match framing.and.compare.timecodes.with your original insync clips

Also are you both at the same project settings?...try switching to 720 p instead of 1080 if that is where you are and see if your machine.can handle that.

Glenn

Return to posts index

James Eckhouse
on Feb 9, 2012 at 12:11:04 am

Thanks for such a quick reply, Glenn. we have same project settings. Doesn't feel like the machine is lagging or trying to catch up. going to do the match frames and also try the 720p. Will report back. thanks ever so much! James

Return to posts index

Brendan Maghran
on Feb 20, 2012 at 7:42:56 pm

This may seem late at this point, but have you tried sending a video AAF back and forth?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]