FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grouping 3 cameras, 2 with slates, 1 without (camtasia footage)

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Pugh
Grouping 3 cameras, 2 with slates, 1 without (camtasia footage)
on Feb 7, 2012 at 11:49:26 pm

Hi there.

The show I'm working on has lots of footage of people working at their computers. So this is the setup we have: two cameras, timecode is not synced. Shots are being slated so those are easy to group.

However, within the same group I need to add footage shot using Camtasia, which records whatever is being displayed on the monitor into it's own file. Obviously there is no slate for this. What I've been doing so far is making the camera groups, putting those into a sequence, and then just eyeballing the camtastia footage onto a separate track and passing it off to the editors. One of them has no problem working with the footage this way, although another is complaining about it and wants them all in one group.

I understand I can't add a clip to an existing group (which is what I would like to do - set an inpoint for the grouped footage, set an inpoint for the camtasia footage, and then group again), so I'm stumped where to do with this. Anyone have any advice?

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Grouping 3 cameras, 2 with slates, 1 without (camtasia footage)
on Feb 8, 2012 at 1:57:39 am

You have to sync by in or out point instead of timecode.

That means you have to have a visual or audio reference in all the clips to sync up.

Not familiar with Camtasia...can you feed it external audio as it records your screen?

Return to posts index

Juris Eksts
Re: Grouping 3 cameras, 2 with slates, 1 without (camtasia footage)
on Feb 8, 2012 at 5:46:07 pm

[Derek Pugh] " What I've been doing so far is making the camera groups, putting those into a sequence, and then just eyeballing the camtastia footage onto a separate track"

I would then go back to the slate, match frame the camtasia footage, which puts an in-point on the origonal, (you've still got the in-point on both the other cameras), and create a new group from those 3 clips. Slightly tedious, but it would then be much quicker to cut sequences from those groups.

Juris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]