Avid MC/Symph 6.0.1 released
Avid has released “maintenance updates” for the 6.0/10.0 editing applications and they are now available on the Download Center as of today, February 7, 2012. Note that these maintenance updates are free for any customers who already own 6.0/10.0.
What is released:
· Media Composer 6.0.1 (Mac and PC)
· Symphony 6.0.1 (Mac and PC)
· NewsCutter 10.0.1 (PC)
These updates are available on the Download Center – Reminder – access to the Download Center requires a login and password. If you don’t have one you can create a Master Account and then request and link your Download Center account.
These are Full Installers:
· Customers on a PC – it is highly recommended that you uninstall the current 6.0/10.0 editing application from their system prior to installing the 6.0.1/10.0.1 update(s). The 6.0.1/10.0.1 installer however will recognize if 6.0/10.0 was already installed on a system and will uninstall it as part of the 6.0.1/10.0.1 installation process. It will prompts the user with this information.
· Customers on a Mac - must uninstall the current 6.0 editing application from their system prior to installing the 6.0.1 update(s).
· All Customers - you do NOT need to remove the Third Party components ( Avid DVD, Avid FX, Sorenson Squeeze or BCC) from the system.
License Information: Customers upgrading from 6.0/10.0 do NOT require a dongle update or a activation ID. Customers upgrading from a version prior to 6/10 will require a dongle update or a activation ID to run v6.0.x or 10.0.x.
Important: For more information regarding the unified licensing (no dongle necessary) feature available in 6/10 or higher, please visit http://www.avid.com/avidlicensing for a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions pertaining to upgrade procedure, pre-system setup, and activation. If you do not have an active Avid Support Contract, or did not previously purchase 6/10 and would like run to the new versions, you will need to purchase an upgrade. Upgrades can be purchased through the Avid Online Store at shop.avid.com
ReadMe: Customers are encouraged to read the ReadMe document and the Instructions that accompany each download before installing.
Since the release of 6.0/10.0, our development team has continued their efforts in resolving reported issues. This release shows a major step in the right direction (125+ fixed), and Avid thanks everyone for their efforts/feedback in tracking them down. Avid is always continuing to improve the products, so there will be additional “updates” throughout the coming year to include (bugs/issues) fixes reported by the community.