FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone using Motu interfaces with MC 6 on windows.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Delaine
Anyone using Motu interfaces with MC 6 on windows.
on Feb 6, 2012 at 10:29:47 pm

I am trying to decide between The Motu HDX-SDI or the decklink Studio 2 for my Media Composer 6 Setup. I am familiar with Decklink products and know they work like a dream with MC6 but I have no experience with the Motu interfaces and was wondering what good the bad and the ugly to expect. I like the combination of audio and video features that the Motu has as it can replace my M-audio card for voice over work. This will be on a windows 7 PC that runs MC6 and Adobe CS5 like a dream. I know that the Motu does not support After Effects like the decklink does but that is a small price to pay for the features it offers.

Return to posts index

steve knattress
Re: Anyone using Motu interfaces with MC 6 on windows.
on Feb 7, 2012 at 5:19:30 pm

Have a look at the response to questions on the motu forums here.

I have the V4HD for use with FCP3 ( It will not work with MC6 as it connects by firewire) I quiet like the MOTU, lots of features (many rarely used.) until I had problems,

I still have many problems not sorted or answered. ((see forum), e.g. audio sync problems with lion OS)

I don't think non avid brand audio interfaces( m-audio) will work with the voice over tool, certainly usb interfaces present in the mac system audio i/o do not show.

Steve

Return to posts index

Christopher Delaine
on Feb 8, 2012 at 2:08:29 pm

Actually I have gotten non branded audio interfaces to work through the windows mixer option in avid.

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on Feb 8, 2012 at 7:20:58 pm

Thats interesting, they don't seem to work on a mbp.

Can any one confirm this?

Thanks Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]