FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC6 and FCS3 on Lion drive

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Warner
MC6 and FCS3 on Lion drive
on Feb 6, 2012 at 3:58:14 pm

I've been keeping FCS3 on a separate Snow Leopard drive and MC6 on a Lion drive. I'm finding that I am using MC6 as my main editor but I would like to install Color and Compressor on Lion.
I can't remember if the FCS3 installer allows for individual installs, but even if it doesn't has anyone run up against any issues with Avid and Apple living on the same Lion drive?
And can I still download the latest FCP7 updates after I reinstall from my discs?

Lee

SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Avid Artist Transport • Media Composer 6 • Final Cut Studio 3 • Premiere Pro CS5

• Living my life one frame at a time •

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: MC6 and FCS3 on Lion drive
on Feb 6, 2012 at 4:25:51 pm

I have FCS3 and MC6 on the same drive (Adobe CS 5.5 and a trial of FCP X too!) all running happily on he same drive with no issues. Of course, I cloned my drive before installing all that, just in case.

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Feb 6, 2012 at 4:56:45 pm

Were you able to update your disc version of FCS3 to the latest version? If so, did you download the update or just let the auto update function do it's thing?

Lee

SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Avid Artist Transport • Media Composer 6 • Final Cut Studio 3 • Premiere Pro CS5

• Living my life one frame at a time •

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Feb 6, 2012 at 6:14:46 pm

I downloaded it. I'm not sure if it still shows up in Software Update or not. I already had it on disk from awhile ago.

Return to posts index

dan luke
on Feb 23, 2012 at 5:43:02 am

I have FCS3 & MC5 on a lion drive. I couldn't get motion 4 to work. Some plug-in issue with BCC ( i updated to BCC8 for 64 bit wondrousness and 7 wouldn't work in MC6) So I updated Motion now I go to and fro pretty much care free. I might even have FCS and MC open at the same time. FC just whines about not being able to find the Kona card, but I just ignore it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]