FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC6 hangs on exports

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Warner
MC6 hangs on exports
on Feb 3, 2012 at 4:54:11 pm

I have a Matrox MX02 with the Max option. I want to be able to export to the Matrox H.264 codec to take advantage of the accelerated speed as well as the lack of transcoding when I take the file to Encore for dvd creation. I have a DNxHD 10 second animation clip in the timeline which is looped to 60 minutes for on-set monitor playback. Everytime I export the full 60 min. timeline the export stalls near the end saying that it's prepping the "fast start" option even though I have that turned off. The Matrox blinks indicating that the Max option is active during the export.

If I take the same timeline and export only 30 seonds, the export goes off without a hitch. I haven't tried other lengths at this time.

I was thinking that it was a Matrox issue but now that I see others having similiar problems I am changing my mind. I ended up taking a DNxHD ref file to Encore which took many many hours to transcode.

Do I assume this is a bug or have I set up the preset incorrectly?

Lee

SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Avid Artist Transport • Media Composer 5.5 • Final Cut Studio 3 • Premiere Pro CS5

• Living my life one frame at a time •

Return to posts index

Ed Cilley
Re: MC6 hangs on exports
on Feb 3, 2012 at 7:16:02 pm

I can't address the error you are having, but as a workaround, why not export a short clip (say 1 or 2 minutes) and loop when making the DVD. Either with an End Action pointing to the same file or loopable DVD. I realize there is lag when looping on playback of a DVD, but I don't think you would have that problem with an end jump.

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Feb 3, 2012 at 7:28:20 pm

Thanks. I actually went that route the next morning with a 30 second version as a test. Worked fine.
But I am more concerned that MC6 stalls on longish exports in general. I spent extra $ on the Matrox Max option to accelerate H.264 exports so I still want to find a solution.

Lee

SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Avid Artist Transport • Media Composer 6 • Final Cut Studio 3 • Premiere Pro CS5

• Living my life one frame at a time •

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on Feb 5, 2012 at 2:14:45 pm

Lee, I'm having the exact same error message with a different setup. Working on MC6, 12 Core Mac Pro. No Matrox though. I'm trying to export a 90 minute sequence made up primarily of XDCAM footage with some ProRess 422 and the same exact thing happens. About 2/3 of the way through it goes to the same error message and hangs there indefinitely. Only solution I found was to break it up into 3 parts. This is a very serious "bug" I need to get QTs out in their entirety.

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]