FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Symphony Nitrus - Color

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Edwards
Avid Symphony Nitrus - Color
on Feb 3, 2012 at 4:37:34 pm

I was wondering if someone could help describe the abilities of the color correction tools in Symphony Nitrus as compared to Media Composer. One specific question I have is that you still cannot make windows for color correcting the images, is that right?

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Avid Symphony Nitrus - Color
on Feb 3, 2012 at 5:24:47 pm

Symphony has a number of additional panels in the color corrector interface that I use constantly. You can make adjustments on Shadows, Midtones, and Highlights independently more easily.
Symphony has powerful secondary correction, where you can have multiple secondaries going at once. They are based on sampled colors though, not user drawn masks or "power windows".
Symphony can apply color correction based on source tape automatically, and can also apply an adjustment or even a completely new grade on top of an existing color correction.

This is just a really quick, off the top of my head list. Yes, Symphony has a better and more powerful color corrector. Whether its worth several thousand dollars more than MC, when you can get DaVinci Resolve essentially for free, provided you have the necessary hardware, is your call.

Return to posts index

William Edwards
on Feb 3, 2012 at 6:38:43 pm

Thank you for your reply. I don't even see where to purchase Avid Symphony, but I think having windows would be more important to me for color correcting. Is there a version that available to download for a trial?

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Feb 3, 2012 at 7:20:09 pm

Here is the link to the Symphony page on Avid's website.
Alas no free trial though.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Symphony

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]