FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tapeless Project, EDL Issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Pugh
Tapeless Project, EDL Issue
on Feb 2, 2012 at 8:45:29 pm

We have locked picture on a project and are attempt to get it online. The media is imported low-res, simply using the import function. The problem we've run into is that when we export an EDL, it isn't showing where the media we've created originally came from.

So this is what we want to do, for example:

Original high res mov is called 001.mov in folder TAPE01. We want to import it into Avid, retaining the name "001". The name will not be changed. When we spit out the EDL, we want it to see that "001" clip and tell us that it came from "001.mov" in the TAPE01 folder, so that we can easily send everything off to the online house.

Any advice? I know this is all terribly vague. I'll happily answer any questions.

Return to posts index

Kyra Coffie
Re: Tapeless Project, EDL Issue
on Feb 2, 2012 at 9:34:36 pm

When working with tapeless, I usually add a tape name using the Modify command so that it will show up in an EDL along with everything else.

So, select all of the clips associated with one folder, go to the Modify menu, and choose Set Source to assign those clips a tape name.

The Avid Assistant Editor's Handbook
http://www.AvidAsstEditor.com

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Feb 3, 2012 at 12:42:40 pm

When using "file import" or AMA, the source name will show up in the "Source File" column in the bin. When using EDL Manager (at least since 5.5.x and most likely 5.x), EDL's will default to TAPE, but if there is no value it will substitute what is in Source File. If you look at the Settings window in EDL Manager, you can select the source from TAPE/SOURCE FILE, SoundROll, LabRoll, and CamRoll. If you want to track a folder as well, I suggest these are put into the comments column and select "comments' in the EDL settings and it will appear on the line after the event after a *

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Brendan Maghran
on Feb 5, 2012 at 10:18:15 am

If you only used the import function, why not just create an online project and batch import all the media at full rez?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]