FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing iLok Authorization for PT 10 and Avid MC6 on MAC OS X Lion

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marisol Gomez-Mouakad
Missing iLok Authorization for PT 10 and Avid MC6 on MAC OS X Lion
on Feb 2, 2012 at 1:59:02 am

I have been trying unsucesfully to install Pro Tools 10 and Avid MC6 on my MAC running on MacOS X 10.7.2
I can install the programs but when I try to open them to I get a message that says Missing iLok Authorization for PT 10.
Please help!!!

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
Re: Missing iLok Authorization for PT 10 and Avid MC6 on MAC OS X Lion
on Feb 2, 2012 at 6:11:12 pm

Look here

You need an ilok thumb drive (dongle) and need to have it authorized with Avid/iLok

My PT10 package came with the iLok TD but not all do... sometimes you need to purchase them separately. ProTools will not run without this authorization. It is actually cool because you can put ProTools on multiple systems and just plug the iLok into the machine that you want to use... even if it is someone elses.

Hope this helps

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.frostlineproductions.com

Return to posts index

Marisol Gomez-Mouakad
on Feb 4, 2012 at 7:03:39 pm

Thank you for your answer. I had the ilok was connected. The problem was with getting ilok.com to recognize it. In the end I changed the browser that I was using for ilok.com and everything worked.

Return to posts index

darryn santana
on Mar 20, 2012 at 3:20:07 am

Hi there, I'm having the exact same problem with protools 10, im running mac os x 10.6.8

Although i downloaded protools from Avid so i dont get a USB ilock stick, i have downlaoded drivers and just about eveything from Ilock but that doesnt not seem to make it work. i cant find any other solution.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]