FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Composer 6 and Blackmagic Intensity Pro- not so good.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Scioli
Media Composer 6 and Blackmagic Intensity Pro- not so good.
on Feb 2, 2012 at 12:06:11 am

Hi- I'm using Media Composer 6 with a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card. Using drivers 9.1 then upgrading to 9.2 beta for the card the video output looks like 1990's VHS, using a HDMI connection to my LCD tv/monitor. Any suggestions on how to improve the image?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Media Composer 6 and Blackmagic Intensity Pro- not so good.
on Feb 2, 2012 at 12:34:02 am

Project type, SD or HD? Output format set correctly? Green/Green mode?

Return to posts index

Don Scioli
on Feb 2, 2012 at 1:24:11 am

HD, 720P 24 fps, I don't know what Green/green mode is. Also, I am only given 2 choices for format, 24p NTSC and 1080i 24, not sure about output...the Blackmagic card does not give me any aspect ratio choices.

Return to posts index

Ray Chung
on Feb 2, 2012 at 4:41:10 am

"I don't know what Green/green mode is."

Go down to the buttons at the bottom of the edit timeline that have the shapes of a TV screen. The one on the left toggles between video output qualities....half-green/yellow for lower res and safer/faster playback, full green for full quality, then full green with a '10' for full-quality 10-bit. The button on the right of it toggles on and off the external monitor playback. When the quality is on half green/yellow, you'll see jagged lines and overall a lower quality image, which is what might be going on with you. Click it to toggle, and you should see the picture improve as it changes quality settings.

As for settings...it doesn't give you a 720p choice? Strange. I use a Multibridge with mine, and I do have that...maybe it doesn't do it for the Intensity. I guess it'll be upscaling your project to 1080 on that setting.

Return to posts index

Don Scioli
on Feb 2, 2012 at 5:25:35 am

Thank you that helped, though the quality still is not optimum...also odd I have only 1080i and NTSC choice for the card.

Return to posts index

Hampus Lager
on Feb 2, 2012 at 4:21:18 pm

Probably the 9.2 drivers since it's still in beta. Read somewhere it only outputs NTSC SD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]