FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two video cards - need assistance please!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Taylor
Two video cards - need assistance please!
on Jan 31, 2012 at 3:31:49 pm

Hi all.

Does anyone know if there is a way to force Media Composer 5 to see and use only one of the 2 video cards I have installed?

I currently have 2 GPU's running 3 monitors and a Cintiq tablet. This seems to confuse MC as I end up with a narrow Avid main window spanning all 4 monitors, and tool windows that randomly disappear. However, when I unplug 2 of my monitors, and am consequently only using a single video card, everything runs perfectly. Unfortunately this means having to reach behind my computer and unplug 2 monitor cables every time I need to use MC, and that just won't do.

Is there a setting I'm not aware of, or a file I could edit, to get MC to only use the single gpu I dictate?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Pat

Return to posts index

Hector berrebi
Re: Two video cards - need assistance please!
on Jan 31, 2012 at 3:53:39 pm

are you on a MAC or PC?
maybe there is a software way, or app that could shut down one of your video cards.

also..

read here

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/95165/544450.aspx

hector

Hector Berrebi
prePost Consulting

Return to posts index

Patrick Taylor
Re: Two video cards - need assistance please!
on Jan 31, 2012 at 4:16:26 pm

Heya Hector.

Thanks for the super quick response.

Excellent suggestion. I gave it a try by going thru the device manager and simply disabling the Intel Graphics, then booted up MC, and it works great! So, Thank you thank you. Don't know why I didn't think of this myself, but at least one of us did! Would still like to be able to use all 3 of my main monitors while editing, but at least this solution is far more elegant than actually removing 2 cables from the back of my puter every time I want to edit.

Hmmm. I wonder if there's a way to automate the disabling of the Intel Graphics upon startup of MC? Hmmmm.

Thanks again!

-Pat

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]