FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Batch Sync with offset??????

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Williams
How to Batch Sync with offset??????
on Jan 30, 2012 at 10:51:38 pm

I am a Resolve user but am finding myself in Avid 5 doing sync on Dnx files after transcode. Here is my question. I have been rendering files out of Resolve taking them into a bin importing field recordings with matching time code and syncing individual files. I understand that you can highlight all files with audio and do a AutoSync and do more than one file at a time, have not tried that yet. Is there a way to offset the time code on either the audio files or the clip files because almost always I find the time code on the video files or the wav files to be off by a frame or two. I am looking for a faster way of syncing all these clips instead of doing them one at a time. Right now the only way without an offset is to do them one at a time.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: How to Batch Sync with offset??????
on Jan 31, 2012 at 1:05:49 am

Well you want to make sure that you slip sync with the offset so EDL's and such are aware of the difference. You don't want to change the timecode to compensate for the offset. The way I work, is in a 25mm film project, even if there is no film involved. I do an AutoSync with timecode as it stands in a batch. I then load each clip in the source monitor, with source timeline showing and waveforms, then slip sync by 1/4 frame early or late to match exactly where I need it. Fairly quick once you get the routine down.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Greg AUSINA
on Apr 14, 2013 at 1:11:09 pm

Hi Dave,
I have faced the same problem last week and found a solution. You move all the clips you want to offset in a new bin. You chose columns to display Aux TC1 (I use Aux TC1 as a working/syncing column).
You copy your original TC from column "start" to column Aux TC1 (select column "Start" then command-D or CTRL-D and a pop up dialog box appears asking for destination).

Once you have your copy of all the TCs in Aux 1 you can perform batch operations thanks to the modifiy command and increment or decrement Aux TC1.
Then you can group clip using the Aux TC1.
I guess it is a bit late for your project but maybe it could be usefull for others...
Regards, Greg.

G.Ausina / Gisèle productions / Paris

Return to posts index

Kyle Parker
on Sep 19, 2014 at 9:04:23 pm

This is genius! I just ran into a situation where my external audio timecode was consistently 2 frames behind camera. Saved me HOURS of time syncing them by hand!

Thank you Greg!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]