FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropping Frames after Render

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Galassi
Dropping Frames after Render
on Jan 27, 2012 at 8:11:41 pm

Working on Media Composer 6, cleaning up a sloppy project with multiple different media sources (a lot of of older SD footage combined with recently shot DNxHD stuff).

For some reason after rendering my sequence I am dropping frames on all of the SD footage in the sequence. I have color correction effects on the clips, and the SD footage has a 3D warp on it to correct some scaling problems. When I clear the renders on the sequence, the SD portions play back without dropping frames. All the HD footage plays back fine rendered or otherwise. It is only when I do a render that I start dropping frames on playback. I am a recent convert to Avid from FCP so I figured I'd check with the incredible minds here for any answers/solutions.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Dropping Frames after Render
on Jan 27, 2012 at 8:17:05 pm

Did you render to your system drive? If the Avid is trying to read off of your system drive, or a full hard drive, that might account for why it drops frames after rendering, but not when reading the unrendered media.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Peter Galassi
on Jan 27, 2012 at 8:25:49 pm

Hmmm - no I am working off of a FireWire 800 drive and rendered to there as well. Tried rendering to another drive on my machine (non-system drive) but the same issue. Good suggestion though - I have some media creation settings from the last project I worked on, might need to go through and re-check everything.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jan 27, 2012 at 9:28:23 pm

You might have your render settings at 1:1 instead of DNX. Check your media creation settings

Return to posts index

Peter Galassi
on Jan 27, 2012 at 9:39:20 pm

Ahaaaaa - not quite but led to the solution. "Same as Source" was checked next to the Video Resolution. Unchecked that and everything is rendering and playing back perfectly.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jan 28, 2012 at 4:23:11 pm

Glad you figured it out.
Definitely seemed like it pointed to the resolution of your render files.

Return to posts index

joe kaye
on Sep 1, 2015 at 11:59:16 am

Aha! So glad I found this thread - this might just have explained all of my past and present avid render puzzles in one short post

(a few years late to the party...)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]