FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beginner Questions

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Edwards
Beginner Questions
on Jan 26, 2012 at 9:27:14 am

I have a four monitor setup using two graphics cards: the timeline is stretched across 1 to 3 whilst the fourth is placed above the timeline and used for full screen preview (resolutions: 1280 x 1080, 1920 x 1200, 1280 x 1080 and 1920 x 1080 respectively). The system is running Windows 7.

This works with Sony Vegas Pro but not with MC6 where:
  • though the workspace is stored windows are not restored to their correct places when the program is restarted;
  • the Titler application shows a white screen and can only be made to function if the setup is reduced to one monitor.

Is there anything I can do to improve this?

• Return to posts index

Ed Cilley
    Re: Beginner Questions
    on Jan 27, 2012 at 5:07:37 pm

Hey Dave, Not sure I can address the 4 monitor question - I always work on two, with a separate program monitor fed via an outside box. Versions ago, I had issues with the Marquee Title tool not working because the installed video card was not supported. This may be your case - I don't know if your system is qualified by Avid.

As far as the workspace issue, see the link below.
    http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/45/884231

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
    on Jan 28, 2012 at 11:12:09 am

Hi Ed, thanks very much for your help: I've experimented with the system monitor settings as suggested in the post to which you directed me. The problem seems to be that Avid cannot deal with a monitor arrangement where one is above the others: it can only work horizontally.

If the top monitor is primary everything works (apart from titling) but the window layout is lost on re-start. If the Left or Centre monitor is primary the layout is not lost but Avid will not allow the top monitor to be selected for Full Screen use. If the right is primary Avid's Settings window will not open, so I can't attempt to use my top monitor full screen.

If the Top monitor is configured as the extreme left monitor (i.e., as if it were not on top, but to the left of the existing left monitor, if you follow me) - I can use the full width of the three screens and the top monitor for full screen AND the titler works, BUT the window layout is not saved correctly.

Not ideal, because it's counter-intuitive to move left to access an upper screen - but a useful workaround, so thank you again!

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
    on Feb 6, 2012 at 5:49:54 pm

Just in case anyone else wants to use Avid with four monitors, it can be done, with windowing saved and with the titler opening properly, BUT.. you have to set up your monitors as if the top one were the fourth in a horizontal row and with monitor one as primary.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]