FORUMS: list search recent posts

media tool

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Volkening
media tool
on Jan 24, 2012 at 9:39:58 pm

Every once in a while, like a moment ago, when I open the Media Tool (Xpress pro) it comes up empty. Most of the time it loads all the stuff I need to delete @ project's end and all is well. Things I have tried to no avail: closing & reopening project, closing and restarting Avid, complete shutdown & reboot, and trying just one or two drives at a time- as opposed to the usual 'all drives' + 'this project only' option I normally use. Any ideas?

mikey

Avid Xpress Pro Mojo 5.6.7
WindowsXP 2002
HP Workstation XW8000
2.80 Ghz
2.0 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Hector berrebi
Re: media tool
on Jan 24, 2012 at 9:47:49 pm

It happens.

Try trashing your two msm files in the media files folder. do it when Avid is not running, next time you start the software it will rescan the media files and recreate them.

They are located in the MXF folder

I believe it will solve your problem.

hector

Hector Berrebi
prePost Consulting

Return to posts index

Michael Volkening
on Jan 24, 2012 at 9:51:30 pm

sounds like a good idea. i do this from time to time as regular maintenance. it has been a while. if i don't write back, it worked. thanks.....mikey

WindowsXP 2002
HP Workstation XW8000
2.80 Ghz
2.0 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 24, 2012 at 10:31:28 pm

After you rebuild those...you could make a new bin, drag the .db file from the MXF folder into that bin and watch as the bin populates with footage...footage located on that drive in that folder.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Volkening
on Jan 25, 2012 at 10:53:46 pm

That did work, although it took longer than expected. Turns out there was a corrupt file lurking in the darkness. Had to do the move files in and out of the OMFI folder to find out which file was corrupt dance. After that was cleaned up the MSM files finally rebuilt and all was well with the world......for now. thanks again....

WindowsXP 2002
HP Workstation XW8000
2.80 Ghz
2.0 GB RAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]