FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with workflow out of DaVinci resolve into Media Composer

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaaron Eller
Problems with workflow out of DaVinci resolve into Media Composer
on Jan 24, 2012 at 5:29:20 pm

Hello all,
I'm attempting to export a .aaf from Resolve version 8.1.1 into Media Composer Version 6. I'm rendering the project out as independent DNxHD220.mxf clips. In Media Composer the .aaf won't relink to the clips Resolve created! When I try to import the .mxf's manually into Avid I get the message "You Cannot import this file into a bin. See the documentation about transferring media files." Any thoughts about what's going wrong in my workflow?
Mac Pro, OSX 10.6.8
Thanks

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Problems with workflow out of DaVinci resolve into Media Composer
on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:15:18 pm

You need to copy the MXF files into the Avid Media Files > MXF > 1 and delete the pmr and mdb files. (Those are your database files) Avid will rebuild the database, and then drag the AAF into a bin.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Jaaron Eller
on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:35:01 pm

Thanks! Worked Perfectly.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jan 24, 2012 at 7:31:53 pm

Another variation to this is to simply move the DaVinci render folder (assuming it only has the MXFs for this project) into one of the Avid MediaFiles/MXF folders. Rename it to have a number. Launch MC and import the AAF and it will automatically relink.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Mark Kozlowski
on Feb 15, 2012 at 8:22:35 am

Im really scratching my head on this one. Im a DIT and am currently on set, Im revisiting AVID and getting to grips with it but struggling with its inflexibility.

Ive exported files from Davinci resolve (i have everything setup correctly as I have used this workflow on a few jobs with no complaints). Im trying to check the files by importing them myself into AVID 6 and cant get them to import, it says the files arent the correct MXF files?

I have clicked the box to keep reel names and am importing DNx36 8 bit files exported from Resolve. IM not using AAF, I have binned the database files and it rebuilds them fine just wont find the files.

Im using an ALEXA so all meta data is present....

Any ideas???? PLEASE! Its infuriating????

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Mar 2, 2012 at 3:54:03 pm

[Mark Kozlowski] " I have binned the database files and it rebuilds them fine just wont find the files."

Have you tried the above strategy (once the mdb has been rebuilt) of dragging the new mdb into a new bin?

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

Paul Brady
on Jun 6, 2012 at 8:51:09 pm

If the avid mediafiles rebuilds itself when I throw out the pmr and mdb then I can assume it is linked to avid.
1) I am still not clear what is the AAF
2) How to drag the mxf files into the bin?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Von Thomas
on Apr 22, 2012 at 7:35:06 pm

I'm a bit lost, I'm using Davinci exporting Avid MXF files for the first time today. How do I get a AAF and a ALE to go to MC 6?

Von Thomas
DIT / On-Set Dailies Colorist

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Apr 22, 2012 at 8:00:44 pm

1. Render your DaVinci media renders using the Avid MXF round-trip preset. Make sure it goes into a unique folder.
2. Export an AAF.
3. Move the folder with the rendered media into one of your AvidMediaFiles/MXF folders and rename it with a number.
4. Open an MC project and import the AAF file. It will link to the MXF media.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Lan Freedman
on Jun 27, 2012 at 6:16:09 pm

When I create media from resolve, it does not generate an AAF. Can someone please tell me where our how the AAF is created?

Return to posts index

Thomas Foley
on Apr 29, 2012 at 8:26:47 pm

Hi Von,

Just read your DIT article, fantastic reading, thanks so much. I wanted to ask you a question if I might.

I have footage shot on a Sony EX3, captured using a Nanoflash at 50mbps, and now in .MOVs using the xd5e codec.

How would you get this footage into Adobe Premiere, as it won't import these files, despite the XDCAM 422 HD import setting in Premiere Pro CS5.5.

Many thanks,

Thomas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]