FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aux Timecode changing automatically

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Maghran
Aux Timecode changing automatically
on Jan 23, 2012 at 1:33:10 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm in a jam here. On the show I'm currently grouping, we have 7 cameras and external audio to group together. All cameras are fine- no issues.

The issues reside in the external audio, whenever I subclip and go to enter a new aux tc, it changes the aux tc of previous subclips. Each audio track is assigned to someone in the scene (16 people), Each persons audio has a separate tape name.Do I need a new tape name for each clip? Any help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Aux Timecode changing automatically
on Jan 23, 2012 at 2:08:56 am

Do all these audio subclips share the same master clip? Are you changing the value on the .sync clip or another before the sync?

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Brendan Maghran
Re: Aux Timecode changing automatically
on Jan 24, 2012 at 12:25:20 am

I actually solved the issue a few hours later, but thank you for responding. Yes, some of them share the same master. When I lay the audio OMF we get from the recordist on set, it comes out with 16 tracks all synced- those then get synced with picture.

I didn't realize that those 16 tracks all stacked on top of one another must belong to the same tape name. I was doing it as each track throughout the timeline had the same tape name.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]