FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace movie across all sequences.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Dragovits
Replace movie across all sequences.
on Jan 19, 2012 at 11:27:51 pm

I have a safety warning that I included in multiple sequences. Is there a way to re-import the revised movie file and have it automatically overwrite the old file in the various timelines without having to mark all the ins and outs and replace by hand?

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Replace movie across all sequences.
on Jan 19, 2012 at 11:47:37 pm

Batch Import. Delete the media (not the master clip) or make offline the current clip in your bin, select it and choose to Batch Import. Either point to the new file or, if you overwrote the original one and the filename and filepath is the same, just hit OK. It will reimport and repopulate everywhere it's used.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Matt Dragovits
on Jan 19, 2012 at 11:49:38 pm

Awesome. I'd done this in FCP, but I'm a recent convert to Avid. (*although I did use Avid like ten years ago!)

Thanks!

Dragzz

Return to posts index

Matt Dragovits
on Jan 20, 2012 at 1:59:57 am

I've tried this but it hangs on import. I wasn't sure how to force the file in the bin to go off-line so I simply selected the file and tried to batch import and overwrite, but it didn't work. Can you tell me how I make it go off-line so I can try again. These are not linked AMA files. They are AE exports of QT animation files.

Thanks.

Dragzz

Return to posts index

Ed Cilley
on Jan 20, 2012 at 4:21:45 am

Find the clip in the bin (if you're not sure which clip is used, match frame, find bin).

Hit delete key, delete the media - not the Master clip.

Select the clip in the bin (it may still be highlighted), Batch Import. Point to the revised movie and import. That should take care of it. If it is hanging on import, that's another problem.

Let us know if that works for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]