FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stable capture from HDV cameras to avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Groom
Stable capture from HDV cameras to avid
on Jan 19, 2012 at 10:08:55 am

HI
Can anyone claim to have a completely stable and reliable capture from an HDV camera to media composer (5 or 6)
If so, might it be your chioce of firewire card, and if so, would you mind telling me which one youve got?

I get repeated, but non consistent capture aborts. There is no tape problem or damage or tc break, or even shot vhange where there might be a ctl track issue. Its just flakey.

Failing that, Im interested in work arounds.
I have tried (with reasonable success) hdvsplit. but of course this is a 2 part import and more time consuming.

Thoughts and ideas much appreciated.

Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Hector berrebi
Re: Stable capture from HDV cameras to avid
on Jan 19, 2012 at 11:16:20 am

if you really have to work with HDV... why add the headache of FW capture?

there are many I/O solutions with MC6, SDI/component capture of HDV to DNXHD will yield better files and may run smoother.

hector

Hector Berrebi
prePost Consulting

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jan 19, 2012 at 11:52:12 am

Hi I agree that it might be better to move away from HDV via fw, but if thats the camera, I didnt design it!

What additional kit would i need to take an analogue composite or component feed from the cameras phono jacks and get this into an avid.
I dont have anything currently?
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Jan 19, 2012 at 12:22:38 pm

Get (buy / rent) yourself a HVR-1500, it has SDI with embedded audio, and 422 control. So you can capture to DNxHD, will be easier to work with anyways (at the cost of more data, but that is cheap...)

FW with machine control is a headache. If you don't have anything better, ingest entire tapes without machine control and forget about TC breaks, just make a good backup of the ingested material.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]