FORUMS: list search recent posts

Has anyone AMA linked PIX Video Recorder DNxHD files? I'm having trouble!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jack wormell
Has anyone AMA linked PIX Video Recorder DNxHD files? I'm having trouble!
on Jan 13, 2012 at 3:21:12 pm

Hi

Has anyone worked with PIX Video Recorders (they are solid state drives)? We've used them and shot in DNxHD but we can't get Avid to AMA link to them. It seems to have a problem with their file names, which is just 'PIX_001_001' etc. On the drives themselves the files structure is just a folder called '001' and then the clips are contained within, I'm told this is a slightly unusual file structure for tapeless media.

If anyone can shed any light on this I would be eternally grateful. These SSD's are advertised as being able to record to DNxHD as one of their strong points, and yet Avid won't recognise them! It seems ridiculous.

Thanks

Jack

Return to posts index

Kyra Coffie
Re: Has anyone AMA linked PIX Video Recorder DNxHD files? I'm having trouble!
on Jan 14, 2012 at 9:43:02 pm

Jack,

I don't know anything about this type of media but I do know a little about AMA so I might be able to help you. You mentioned that the clips are named "PIX_001_001" but they are in ascending order, correct? Meaning the next clip is PIX_001_002? Also, do you have a picture of the file structure showing exactly what it looks like when you mount the drives?

Finally, I wrote a book about Avid and one of my chapters lightly touches upon AMA and on my website is a sample chapter that good for you is that particular chapter. Maybe you can check it out to see if it can help you while I do some research on my end once you reply?

Kyra

Return to posts index

Hector berrebi
on Jan 15, 2012 at 7:07:19 am

are you sure its the file name?
does it link when you change the file name to something simpler?

hector

Hector Berrebi
prePost Consulting

Return to posts index

jack wormell
on Jan 15, 2012 at 1:22:31 pm

HI Guys

Thanks guys, I think we sorted the problem. It seems to actually be the fact that we were trying to mount off a 2TB drive which had not been formatted to NTFS properly. It appeared on the desktop and I could watch the files outside of AVID but MC5 did not recognise them. The formatting of the HD had been really quick, which eventually made us suspicious so we reformatted it using the PC and it took hours and once that was done and we copied the media back onto it AMA would mount. It was odd.

Although I now have another concern. We're shooting on these SSD's, importing and backing up the media and then wiping the SSDs for the next days shoot. Because of this, there will be different files with the same names in one AVID project (e.g '001'). When we do the relink for the online will this become an issue?

Thanks!

Jack

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]