FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMA Volume not connecting, Please assist.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jack wormell
AMA Volume not connecting, Please assist.
on Jan 13, 2012 at 1:45:11 pm

Hi

I've got a bunch of footage shot as dnxhd185 straight to SSD, I've got them copied on a HD which is plugged into my PC. I"m trying to "Link to AMA volume" but it's not working. I've tried it from the root drive down to the actual folder the drives are contained in and it just says "'unable to link to any clips at..' and then the file extensions.

I'm running it on Avid Media Composer 5.03, I've tried installing the AMA plug ins but they seem to only work with later versions.

Help!

Jack

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
Re: AMA Volume not connecting, Please assist.
on Jan 13, 2012 at 4:49:26 pm

AMA volume linking only works when you have the original folder structure. You can't volume link to a folder with just the video files. If that's all you have then you would have to use the function to AMA file link.

Lee

SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Avid Artist Transport • Media Composer 5.5 • Final Cut Studio 3 • Premiere Pro CS5

• Living my life one frame at a time •

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: AMA Volume not connecting, Please assist.
on Jan 13, 2012 at 5:22:02 pm

If you shot directly to DNxHD (as MXF files) you should be able to drag those directly into your Avid Media FilesMXF1 folder. Delete your database files (pmr and mdb) and Avid will rebuild those database files and then you can either use the Media Tool to bring them in, or another good trick is to drab the mdb file into a bin. If you already have media in your Avid Media FilesMXF1 folder, create a 2 folder. That way when you drag the mdb file, it will just be those new files.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]