FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting Avid System ID

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
Getting Avid System ID
on Jan 12, 2012 at 6:55:24 pm

I am installing MC6. I have an upgrade for a pre 5.5 to 6 version. I deactivated the system that the previous version was on before I got the damn system ID! I can't figure out how to get the system ID now. I don't have the original software either. Is there away to get the system ID of the original Avid?

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Getting Avid System ID
on Jan 12, 2012 at 7:03:22 pm

Just for the sake of asking, does this mean you upgrading somebody else's license of Avid as your own? If you have your Avid master account, you should be able to login to check it. If you upgraded several versions and have a dongle, it should be on the tag on the dongle. If you upgraded online, it should be listed on e-mail sent out when you upgraded. Outside of those, don't know.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on Jan 12, 2012 at 7:08:01 pm

I'm upgrading a clients Avid to MC 6 as theirs. Not mine; but on a different system.

Scott Davis

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Jan 12, 2012 at 7:11:40 pm

Gotcha. I would talk to them, see if they upgraded in the past via e-mail to track that information. Though, it's entirely possible it was retained on the activated system if you go to that system and run Avid License Control. I kept my dongle, because I'm stubborn and resistant to change.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on Jan 12, 2012 at 7:24:18 pm

I have an order form for the 3.5 to 4 upgrade and the physical box with serial number of the 4 to 5.5 upgrade. No where can I find anything with a system ID. Not sure if it was dongle activated prior or not. The "GetLicenseInfo" in Avid Utilities is not giving me system ID either.

Scott Davis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]