FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to set destination when Importing Media?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roman Hankewycz
How to set destination when Importing Media?
on Jan 10, 2012 at 5:49:55 pm

I know that when you import or digitize media AVID places the files within folders named 1, 2, 3 within AVID MediaFiles > MXF. Is there any way to control which folder media is sent to during these operations? For instance if I have my offline media in folder 1, I would like to capture my online media to folder 2 so that I can keep offline and online media in separate directories.
Any thoughts? Thank you.

roman hankewycz
harbor film company // colorist

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How to set destination when Importing Media?
on Jan 10, 2012 at 6:59:34 pm

Change the name of the "1" folder to something else...like FOLDER 1. Then Avid won't even see it, and it will go to the next number. OR...change the names of all the numbers, and make a new folder with a later number, like "9." And then Avid will import into that one. Then change the folder names back.

This all had to be done on the OS level. You cannot designate which folder to send media to inside the Avid software.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: How to set destination when Importing Media?
on Jan 10, 2012 at 7:14:21 pm

i use this a lot..i have more luck changing.the folders to names...day 1 ...or offline. On my system if i have folders numbered 1...2....3 etc. New digitizes still want to go to 1...not the highest number

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]