FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D compatibility issues MC5 to MC6

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo de Wolff
3D compatibility issues MC5 to MC6
on Jan 10, 2012 at 1:24:47 pm

We recently started work on a 3D project. The clients were keen to use MC 5 as it was a known entity and when they began editing, and MC 6 was only in beta. Fair enough. Now MC 6 has proven to be such a succesful upgrade when it comes to the Stereoscopic work flow, they are posotive they want to switch versions a few weeks into this job.

I've been running tests on how this will work, and the main issue i've come accross is that you don't seem to be able to change the properties on a sequence to tell it to treat it's sources, muxed MXF's created for the V5 workflow, to be treated as Stereo side by side clips the way that V6 needs to treat them to output them as 3D!

My inital thoughts were that you'd just be able to show reference clips for your required sequences, change the clip properties of the muxed clips to stereo and side by side, and this would automatically make the clips in the sequence spit out as 3D. Alas, this was not the case.

My tests have been cut short as the number of V6 work stations we have avaliable to us are limited at the moment. Does anyone know if this is possible or have any other suggestions?

Hopefully all makes sense, but let me know if anything needs explaing better!

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: 3D compatibility issues MC5 to MC6
on Jan 11, 2012 at 3:24:33 pm

[Leo de Wolff] "My tests have been cut short as the number of V6 work stations we have avaliable to us are limited at the moment. Does anyone know if this is possible or have any other suggestions? "

Just one. Try creating a 3d project first and bringing the bins to it; this may open up the ability to make the modifications you want. I'm guessing the project you have isn't 3d (and that's why it's not working.

Best,

Jeff G

Certified Master Trainer | Adobe, Apple, Avid
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
My book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Lynda.com - Compressor Essentials 3.5 and 4
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]