FORUMS: list search recent posts

can you link offline DNxHD clips to AMA files?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roman Hankewycz
can you link offline DNxHD clips to AMA files?
on Jan 5, 2012 at 1:54:32 am

Hello everyone,
My AVID experience predates AMA so I'm finding myself a little lost. I'd like to do the following:
Let's say some 5D material was imported at DNxHD36 and the offline edit was done. Can I take that sequence and now link it to the original 5D files through AMA?
It makes sense to me that this should work but I can't get it to work nor can I find any documentation.
Is it possible and if so how?
Thank you,

roman hankewycz
harbor film company // colorist

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: can you link offline DNxHD clips to AMA files?
on Jan 5, 2012 at 2:43:10 pm

Have not tried it, but i suspect if you assign a reelname to both it should work.

hth,

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Andrew McKee
on Jan 5, 2012 at 8:52:36 pm

Try bringing in all the movs through AMA into a single bin, selecting them all, then right clicking on your sequence in its bin and selecting relink then "relink to selected in open bins". I think that both AMA and importng put the name of the mov in the "source file" column and this (together with timecode) should be enough to relink. Although I have never done this (only done importing then batch import at higher res or AMA->transcode->back to AMA).

Andrew McKee
Editor/Colourist
Avid Certified Instructor - MC5.5
Apple Certified Trainer - FCP7
Pixelwizard.net

Return to posts index

Brendan Maghran
on Jan 5, 2012 at 10:08:01 pm

I'm not sure if this can be done since you originally imported the files, but there is a great AMA workflow for tapeless offline/online if everything was done with AMA originally.

Return to posts index

Andrew McKee
on Jan 6, 2012 at 3:41:29 pm

I thought this was the case but then they fixed it so AMA and importing were cross compatible. Maybe I just dreamed it?

Andrew McKee
Editor/Colourist
Avid Certified Instructor - MC5.5
Apple Certified Trainer - FCP7
Pixelwizard.net

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Jan 6, 2012 at 5:28:50 pm

On the last show I worked on, we AMAed 7D footage and batch imported it for online and it worked fine.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Tali Jay
on May 30, 2014 at 10:40:16 am

Has anyone had success?

I have tried pretty much everything, and have not succeeded. If you have, could you please let me know step by step what you did?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Jo busse
on Oct 14, 2014 at 12:06:48 pm

I encountered the issue as well and figured it out, I thought I might just share it in case someone ends up here with the same problem.

I followed what Andrew McKee says in his post above and nothing would relink. Two stupid mistakes I made, first was to keep the offline footage bin open (yes, stupid), you need to close that one. Other mistake, the Start timecode of the AMA and Offline footage was different. To fix this, after AMA Linking your footage in a bin, select them all, right click, modify and set the start timecode the same way your offline footage's start timecode is set. Then follow what Andrew said, and it should work.

Thanks for helping guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]