FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Composer AutoSync problems

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Pons
Media Composer AutoSync problems
on Jan 2, 2012 at 9:34:19 pm

Hello all,

I am a brand new Avid Media Composer user, trying to make transisiton from FCP7. Just shot a short film that I need to sync some WAV audio files to my DNx36HD offline RED media files.

Trying to use the AutoSync function of MC seems to be what has been recommended, but I cannot get it to work. I have the audio and video in the same bin, with inpoints set at the slate marker. When I try to AutoSync, it creates a subclip, but when I open it into the Composer, I first get a white dialog box that says:

"An error has occurred:", and then "Assertion failed: l_expectedBounds.GetResolutionY() == newHeightFile: /Snapshots/relengsnow_61304608925/coresw/ame/Projects/Mac/ ../ ../src/Consumers/Devices/SWCompCvtr.c, Line: 992".

With the options being Create Report, Exit to Finder, Continue, or Debugger. Create Report crashes MC, Debugger does nothing, and Continue take me to one more error message:

"Exception: FATAL_ERROR, msg: Assertion failed: l_expectedBounds.GetResolutionY() == newHeightFile: /Snapshots/relengsnow_61304608925/coresw/ame/Projects/Mac/ ../ ../src/Consumers/Devices/SWCompCvtr.c, Line: 992"

Any ideas as to why this is happening? I am running this on an 07 15inch MacBook Pro with 4GB RAM and 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

Return to posts index

Derek Pons
Re: Media Composer AutoSync problems
on Jan 2, 2012 at 10:00:12 pm

Now I'm worried this goes beyond AutoSync. Upon restarting Avid and deleting the troublesome subclips, I get the same error when opening my master Timeline. Then when I close MC, I get another error: "Alert: "Bus error" in thread "MainThread", at address 0x0"

And when I try to "Create Report", I get yet a different error: "Alert: "Segmentation Fault" in thread "MainThread", at address 0x0", and then Avid crashes.

I recovered an old version of the Timeline through the Attic, so I'm OK, but thought that this was still strange.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 2, 2012 at 10:56:15 pm

Do any of those files play fine on their own before syncing them? You may need to uninstall/reinstall to make sure all the bits are in their right places.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Derek Pons
on Jan 2, 2012 at 10:57:55 pm

Yes, they do. I was able to add Locators in both audio and video clips.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 3, 2012 at 4:06:12 pm

Very strange. Just as a test - can you select the offending .sync clip and transcode that to see of the .sync.new clip plays?

Thanks

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Derek Pons
on Jan 3, 2012 at 4:20:39 pm

When I try to transcode it, I get the following error:

"Range specified for Dup is outside range of component"

??

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 3, 2012 at 8:33:50 pm

I can't remember what causes that error message. Can you try transcoding both of the original clips to see if the culprit is one of them? Also make a subclip of each (take a few frames off the head and tail of each) and transcode that. Do any of them cause the same error message?

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Derek Pons
on Jan 4, 2012 at 5:07:13 pm

Ok, so per your suggestion - I transcoded the video clip to a new video file, keeping the same DNx36 HD format. Now, when I do autosync with the new clip, it works!

So I suppose for some reason, I will have to re-transcode all of these clips? These DNx36 HD offline files were created using Red Cine X, and will (upon picture lock), be linked back to the original red files. Would putting these files through another round of transcoding inside the Avid cause any problems to arise when it comes time to online?

Return to posts index

Josh Roberts
on Jan 3, 2013 at 2:43:29 am

I am getting this same issue when I try to autosync footage shot at 59.97 with audio that has a TC of 23.98 (most of our project was shot at 23.98, but some clips were done on another camera at 59.97 so it would look more like video). I am wondering:

1) if you transcoded the footage within a project that is different than the footage was natively shot at, perhaps that is why you are now able to sync? Maybe this will effect your online. Before transcoding, it will warn you however.

2) If this isn't your problem, have you figured it out? Because I do have the Framerate difference and it seems to work for me when I transcode the footage, but then I lose the proper framerate, and thus this solution will not work for me.

I'm in Avid MC 5.5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]