FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ghost File on Drive?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hill
Ghost File on Drive?
on Jan 1, 2012 at 12:32:44 am

HELLO EXPERTS!
I do not believe in ghosts BUT I have a 13 minute clip that plays fine in S/R monitors but when I chose Reveal File it takes me to the Hard Drive where only the first minute of the clip plays.
Any clue as to where the rest of the clip might be? I know that it exists as I have heard experts say that it has to exist.
I'm happy to go on editing but I would like to know how I can be editing with a clip that can't reveal itself fully.
Thank YOU,
John

Return to posts index

Scott Cole
Re: Ghost File on Drive?
on Jan 1, 2012 at 9:40:34 am

Is this a high resolution clip with low compression? Very often long master clips within Avid are comprised of more than 1 video file which due to OS limitations are limited to a certain size. If you load the master clip into the source window on Avid and then look at the timeline for the source monitor (done by clicking on a monitor looking icon in the very lower lefthand side of the screen) you will see several "edits" within the source clip on the video timeline. This indicates multiple video files in single master clip.

M. Scott Cole
Senior Post Production Editor
60 MINUTES
CBS News, NYC
sc6@cbsnews.com
mscottc@comcast.net

Return to posts index

John Hill
Re: Ghost File on Drive?
on Jan 1, 2012 at 4:16:28 pm

Happy New Year, Scott, and thanks for the reply. But, no, your suggestion did not reap benefits. Very odd to be able to play a 13 minute clip but when you Reveal File and click on that file on the hard drive you discover the clip only plays for 1 minute.
I understand there can be no ghosts with media but it may be time to call Ghostbusters.
I actually consolidated the clip from one drive to another and the same 1 minute file moved to another drive and played for 13 minutes, but using Reveal File would take me to the new drive and show me the same 1 minute clip.
Again, thanks for taking the time to help from your awesome 60 minutes work.
Best,
John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]