FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC 6 upgrade now 5.5 project is corrupt

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan luke
MC 6 upgrade now 5.5 project is corrupt
on Dec 30, 2011 at 8:36:10 pm

Upgraded to MC6 on a mac with new os 10.7.2 from 10.6.8 & 5.5.x. I have Kona Lhi card and did all the recommended driver upgrades in the recommended order. Now my last project edited on 5.5 is corrupt. It's a project with several sequences and lots of raw clips that are AMA linked. I get an error message "serious error has occurred. Save and restart your system" whenever I try to playback a sequence. I can playback clips in the source monitor and see them on my HD monitor, so that all works. I think it's probably some project settings. I'm wondering if there is an easy way to trash the project settings without screwing up the bins and sequences?

Return to posts index

Andrew McKee
Re: MC 6 upgrade now 5.5 project is corrupt
on Dec 30, 2011 at 10:54:35 pm

Create a new project and just drag the bins over into it? Projects do very little in Avid. Its worth a try anyway. Did you create new user settings?

Andrew McKee
Editor/Colourist
Avid Certified Instructor - MC5.5
Apple Certified Trainer - FCP7
Pixelwizard.net

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
Re: MC 6 upgrade now 5.5 project is corrupt
on Jan 2, 2012 at 5:08:54 am

I've "gone back and forth" with dozens of projects between 6 and 5.5. Never a single problem. Sorry to hear something didn't work for you, but my experience would say that it's not related to software versioning of any kind.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]