FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid media composer 5.5 and jpeg still photos

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
siraj uddin
Avid media composer 5.5 and jpeg still photos
on Dec 26, 2011 at 9:45:00 pm

Hi,

I have just dragged some jpeg still photos in to 1920x1080i timeline and realized the photo's quality is not as good as it should be and also have some red lines below the audio tracks and when i cut the photo clips the cuts are not accurate enough.Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Avid media composer 5.5 and jpeg still photos
on Dec 26, 2011 at 10:00:48 pm

Use the Pan and Zoom effect instead . It maintains the resolution of the photo. Importing or dragging into the sequence resizes the photo to the video resolution of your project, which can reduce the quality of a high res still.

The red lines sound like you need to render.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Avid media composer 5.5 and jpeg still photos
on Dec 27, 2011 at 3:10:35 pm

Importing into MC means footage is converted to whatever video resolution (HD or SD) you've set up in the format tab. The BCC Pan and zoom (if you have it) is better than the avid Pan and zoom.

Red lines = dropped frames. Something needs to be rendered (or faster system needs to be purchased)

Best,

Jeff G

Certified Master Trainer | Adobe, Apple, Avid
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New! FCPX DSLR workflows; What's new in Media Comopser 6; Full Media Composer 6 basics from macProVideo.com
Come see me speak at the Government Video Expo Nov 30 - Dec 1; Seminar link here
My book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Lynda.com - Compressor Essentials 3.5 and 4
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]