FORUMS: list search recent posts

BWF issues with MC 5.5.2

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Sanchez
BWF issues with MC 5.5.2
on Dec 22, 2011 at 7:36:29 am

I've been experiencing some strange issues with MC 5.5.2. I'm importing BWF files into a workspace dedicated for production audio. It first opens the dialogue box asking me what I'd like my timecode to start at. Upon finishing converting media, the system freezes. Strange enough, if I set my media creation settings to my local drive, it will import just fine. Attempting to use this as a work around, I then attempted to consolidate to the audio workspace. The system froze again. Unfortunately, I'm unsure of the Unity software version, as I suspected there might be a issue between the MC 5.5.2 and the Unity software version. I'm using a Mac Pro 4,1 model. Has anybody experienced this type of issue with BWF on a Unity?

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: BWF issues with MC 5.5.2
on Dec 22, 2011 at 5:48:12 pm

No, but it will matter a lot what version of Unity and client you are on.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: BWF issues with MC 5.5.2
on Dec 22, 2011 at 5:58:50 pm

As I continue to troubleshoot, I noticed that all of my media drives were mirrored. Most shows I've worked on had the projects workspace mirrored, and the media workspaces unmirrored. This leads me to speculate if the mirroring process is causing a performance hit that might make the Avid unstable (in the consolidation process). Does this seem plausible?

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]