FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matching clip names to file names in AVID

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Greif
Matching clip names to file names in AVID
on Dec 20, 2011 at 12:09:31 am

I have a large number of captured clips in Avid 5.0.3. Ideally, I'd like to be able to export a tabbed text document that has a columns for the Clip Name, Tape Name and the AMA file names so I know exactly which files are for which clips. Is this possible? Is there something similar that will allow me to match the clip names to the file names en masse rather than going through and "revealing in finder" one by one? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Paul Del Vecchio
Re: Matching clip names to file names in AVID
on Dec 20, 2011 at 4:31:05 am

Are you trying to change the Name in the bin to match the source file name? Is that what you're trying to do?

Paul Del Vecchio - Director
http://www.triple-e-productions.net
http://www.pauldv.net

Return to posts index

Matt Greif
on Dec 20, 2011 at 4:02:51 pm

No. If anything, I would prefer that the file name match the name in the bin, but I'm already pretty sure it won't do that. No, I would like a way to get a list (a tabbed text file or an excel worksheet, etc) where all the clips in my bin are listed with the corresponding file name.

Return to posts index

James Beattie
on Dec 20, 2011 at 4:16:51 pm

In the text view of your bin, you can choose the fast menu in the lower left hand corner of the window, and choose headings. I do not believe it will show the filename, but there may be an option to do that. If it is anywhere, it is there.

Return to posts index

Ed Cilley
on Dec 20, 2011 at 10:30:01 pm

[Matt Greif] "columns for the Clip Name, Tape Name and the AMA file names"

Matt, is this captured footage? You mention AMA file names and these are handled differently. If you are doing AMA, the Clip Name is the file name. In Choose Columns... select "Source File" and if you prefer, "Source Path".

If you captured the footage, you probably know that Avid creates files based on the tape name and then various numbers and letters which seem to have no real reference. I don't know of a way to show these names in the bin. However, you can view them in the timeline (Timeline hamburger, Clip Text>Media File Names).

With an open Bin selected, go to File>Export and choose Tab Delimited. That will get you the file you are looking for based on the columns in that bin.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]