FORUMS: list search recent posts

PC project and mac compatibility question: IMPORTANT!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caitlin miller
PC project and mac compatibility question: IMPORTANT!
on Dec 15, 2011 at 3:59:18 pm

I inherited a projet that was created on a PC and I'm using a Mac, so the project just wouldn't open. It kept saying it was locked. So I downloaded a trial version of Paragon NTFS and was able to open the project. Since paragon worked, I bought it. This morning I went to open the project and I can't open it anymore. I keep getting this error msg:

Assertion failed:logicalDur > 0
File:/Snapshot/relengsnow2_1280545329/coresw/ame/
Project/Mac/../../src/player/match.c, Line:3533

I pressed continue, then got this message:

"Bus error" in thread "MainThread", at address 0X0

I don't know what to do, I'm panicking a little here. Has anyone ever encountered this before? Is this a Paragon support question or this an Avid thing?

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: PC project and mac compatibility question: IMPORTANT!
on Dec 15, 2011 at 4:09:00 pm

Are you saying your Media is on an NTFS volume?

There should be no issues in compatibility. I move Avid projects between Mac and PC all the time.

Return to posts index

Andrew McKee
on Dec 15, 2011 at 4:10:28 pm

Even though Paragon etc do allow you to access NTFS drives I would never put anything on there that is constantly being written to and changed like a project folder. Have you tried simply moving the project folder onto a Mac formatted drive and opening it from there?

Andrew McKee
Editor/Colourist
Avid Certified Instructor - MC5.5
Apple Certified Trainer - FCP7
Pixelwizard.net

Return to posts index

Caitlin miller
on Dec 15, 2011 at 4:18:43 pm

Yes I have tried to move it all to a mac formatted drive, but the content on the timeline in that copied project doesn't show up, it's just offline. What I wanted to do was collect all the media and copy it onto a mac formatted drive, but I can't do that if I can't even open the project!

Return to posts index

Ed Cilley
on Dec 15, 2011 at 4:42:22 pm

You may need to copy everything first, so you can open the project on the Mac. Yes, you will have lots of extra footage, but this may be what you have to do.

1- Make sure your media lives on the Mac drive in the same folder structure as the NTFS drive. "Avid MediaFiles" should be at the root level.
2- Copy the project off the NTFS drive and store it on your internal drive (or Mac Formatted drive).
3- Open the project.
4- Consolidate as desired.

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Dec 15, 2011 at 5:51:12 pm

Could be the project settings. In the projects folder you'll see a files named .avs, try removing this file (move to the desktop for example) and launching the project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]