FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAF (audio only) export problem with mixed frame rate clips

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
george mandl
AAF (audio only) export problem with mixed frame rate clips
on Dec 12, 2011 at 10:55:40 pm

Hello,

I know there are some posts that touch on this out there, but I haven't yet found the same exact issue, and so I wanted to see if anyone has a good fix/solution.

Working in MC 5.5.

I have a sequence with set at 23.98, with audio clips that are both at 23.98 and 29.97. I'm able to create an AAF, but when I do, the resulting AAF sequence shows up as entirely offline, and will not relink to the media that was just created by making the AAF. The only workaround I've found to work is to consolidate the sequence into a new one, and then create an AAF from there (which only works sometimes). Is there a way in MC 5.5 to isolate the AUDIO clips that are of a frame rate that differs from the sequence settings? I know this can be done with colored clips for the video tracks, but can it be done for audio as well? Or, is there some other way to isolate these clips so they can be dealt with or otherwise transcoded prior to AAF export?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Garrett King
Re: AAF (audio only) export problem with mixed frame rate clips
on Feb 9, 2012 at 10:45:21 pm

You should post the exact settings you are using to export the AAF. Are you embedding the media in the AAF or consolidating it to a folder, ect.

Garrett
Transition Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]