FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Shortcut questions

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Powell
Avid Shortcut questions
on Dec 11, 2011 at 12:06:34 am

I was wondering if is there a shortcut to toggle through bins, (a) in the way command 1 worked in fcp and (b) if I have multiple bins open and would like to toggle through them.

Also is there a way to move tracks downward from the keyboard the way option down did in fcp (an often unknown function)? I'm in Avid 5.5 btw.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Avid Shortcut questions
on Dec 11, 2011 at 6:35:25 am

[David Powell] "
Also is there a way to move tracks downward from the keyboard the way option down did in fcp (an often unknown function)? I'm in Avid 5.5 btw."

Entirely in the keyboard, not that I know of, but if you go into segments mode and hold shift + cmd and drag the clip down, it will lock it horizontally so that you can drag it down without moving it down the timeline.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Dec 12, 2011 at 3:45:05 pm

Thats a bummer. One thing I miss about FCP was the ability to learn all the hotkeys by searching through the command pallet, and the fact that every single move was programmable. Although programming with the shift mod key may be the only necessary one in Avid, I wish it would at least show the rest of them.

Return to posts index

Ed Cilley
on Dec 13, 2011 at 7:36:52 pm

I think of the functionality you are looking for can be found in the Tools listing. For instance, Timeline is Ctrl+0 (CMD+0), Composer window is Ctrl+4. You could assign these to other keys if you like.

When in "Source" or "Record" window (Composer), ESC will toggle between them.

You can view the Keyboard layout (Settings>Keyboard) and with Ctrl+3 can reassign.

As far as the timeline is concerned; V1 is always V1 even if you change the order of your tracks. I like to put the TC1 track between my video and audio which makes it easy to get out of effects mode or to scroll. Hold Ctrl (CMD) and drag the track up or down.

Maybe not everything you are looking for, but I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Dec 14, 2011 at 3:15:47 am

I'm aware of those shortcuts but going to the bin or toggling through bins is what I'm trying to speed up. Also when I want to overlap audio for a X fade I like to put the incoming/outcoming on 1-2/3-4. Something I do often. So not being able to move audio or video tracks vertically from the keyboard is a real time waster for me.

Also in FCP I could lower the volume of a track by 1 or 3 db with a keystroke. Extremely helpful! Please tell me that exists. I'm currently looking for it in MC. Going to the mouse so often drives me nuts. Guess I just gotta be patient in mastering the speed. I didn't get it in fcp overnight.

Return to posts index

Ed Cilley
on Dec 14, 2011 at 3:35:12 am

[David Powell] "Also in FCP I could lower the volume of a track by 1 or 3 db with a keystroke. Extremely helpful! Please tell me that exists."

Wish I could. That is a feature in FCP that is really nice and speeds things up. Sorry.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]