FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP user switching to Avid_MC on PC - XDCam workflow question

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Newton
FCP user switching to Avid_MC on PC - XDCam workflow question
on Dec 10, 2011 at 11:03:26 pm

Hi,

Longtime FCP user who's switching to Avid MC 6.0 on a PC. I work with XDCAM-EX HD files. I've got the drivers installed, and when I insert my SXS cards, AMA in AVID reads them directly off the SxS cards and plays the files fine. But of course I need to get everything off the SxS cards and onto my media drive.

In FCP I used XDCAM transfer to creat QT clips of each shot that would play in FCP. But on the PC, when I transfer the BPAV files from the cards to the media drive, I can't seem to get AMA to recognize or link to them though it will directly from the SxS cards.

What's the workflow for you guys who are working with MC 6.0 on a PC and using XDCAM-EX?

Robert Newton

Return to posts index

Andrew McKee
Re: FCP user switching to Avid_MC on PC - XDCam workflow question
on Dec 11, 2011 at 12:21:19 am

If you copy the entire BPAV folder structure over to a folder on your media drive (eg Card 1,2,3 etc), then inside Avid you should be able to go to File->Link to AMA Volume and then point to the Card 1 folder and it will look inside see the BPAV folder and link to all the XDCAM footage inside. Alternatively you can just pop in the SxS and then consolidate from that. Avid will rewrap the files into Avic Media Files folder as MXFs but keep it in the XDCAM codec.

Andrew McKee
Editor/Colourist
Avid Certified Instructor - MC5.5
Apple Certified Trainer - FCP7
Pixelwizard.net

Return to posts index

Robert Newton
Re: FCP user switching to Avid_MC on PC - XDCam workflow question
on Dec 11, 2011 at 2:50:27 am

Ahhh, that all makes sense. Now I know why it didn't work when I copied just the CLPR folders over. That's what I was looking for, thanks so much Andrew. Plus the consolidation tip might be the way to go. Didn't realize it maintained the XDCAM codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]