FORUMS: list search recent posts

random lack of Tape metadata from 744T in MC6

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Oaten
random lack of Tape metadata from 744T in MC6
on Dec 10, 2011 at 12:19:33 am

Hi all,

I'm DIT on a small feature at the moment and providing sync mxf dailies for the offline editor.

We're getting a strange issue where seemingly random audio takes are importing into MC6 without an entry in the tape metadata column which will cause issues when it comes to the conform. It has only happened on 4 clips out of around 100 so far.

When viewing the Wavs in Wave Agent all meta data is present. They are all imported in exactly the same way, and in the same batch as successful clips. Sound is poly wav recorded on SD744T.

Has anyone had experience of this before and figured out what's going on?

Cheers,

Matt

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: random lack of Tape metadata from 744T in MC6
on Dec 10, 2011 at 3:39:05 am

What happens if you re-enter the Tape metadata in Wave Agent and try importing again?

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Matt Oaten
on Dec 10, 2011 at 6:20:12 pm

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your input. I've just tried this and its still not bringing the metadata into Avid. I even tried re-naming the tape metadata again with no luck. This seems to have quite a few people i've asked stumped!

Can you think of anything else it might be worth trying?

Thanks,

Matt

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Dec 10, 2011 at 9:20:39 pm

That is very random and strange. Can you share one of these problem files? I'll take a look at it on my end and try it on both v5.5.x and v6 to see what the issue might be.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Matt Oaten
on Dec 12, 2011 at 8:19:44 pm

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your offer, I'm a bit hesitant to send the audio without an okay from production - maybe we can record a test clip for you if we get a a chance.

We have figured out what causes the this to happen, but not yet been able to provide a solution.

The sound recordist occasional re-names clips after he's recorded them to the correct slate/take if he's behind for some reason. In wave agent the clip name (slate and take) doesn't match the meta data for slate and take. I have tried manually renaming the slate and take metadata to match the clip name but this hasn't solved it.

Thanks again for your thoughts and time,

Matt

Return to posts index

Matt Oaten
on Dec 13, 2011 at 6:10:28 pm

Hi Michael,

I have an okay from production now, is there an address or way that I can pm you a wetransfer link of the file?

Thanks,

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]