FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Workflow - Filemaker to Avid?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Smith
Avid Workflow - Filemaker to Avid?
on Dec 9, 2011 at 6:37:25 pm

I'm a newbie to Avid and am working on a project were I have to import and cut in over 100 Quicktimes to a bunch of different timelines in the course of a day and at the end of the day the producer has a small selection of 10 Quicktimes that they would like to send off to the client.

Is there a way I can have avid quickly select and color the clips or copy them to another bin or even better move them to a certain layer?

I was thinking via a ALE or some other method. We are using filemaker and all quicktimes are in the database. I am hoping we could make a layout in filemaker with the days selected QTs that can be export as a text file and I could import into Avid.

At the moment I am going and finding each individual clip and thats becoming time consuming and if I am in a hurry I re-import the QT.

I am running Avid MC v5.5.3

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid Workflow - Filemaker to Avid?
on Dec 9, 2011 at 9:18:48 pm

Did you use the FIND function in 5.5 to quickly identify these clips? Too bad you can only open up in their bin or load each clip - but it does make getting to the faster.

I/m not quite sure how you would use an ALE - that works well for creating master clips, or merging information in an existing master clips, creating subclips from existing master clips etc. But it seems to want to work with sequences - and that is EDL or AAF territory.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Andrew Smith
on Dec 9, 2011 at 10:30:46 pm

Thanks for your response Michael,

Yes I have been using the 'find' feature, however as the number of clips that I need to find will be growing as the project progresses. I was hoping to automate this somehow of identify them by color, new bin or new layer etc, to help speed up the process.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Dec 9, 2011 at 10:36:58 pm

I would just create a custom column into which you apply whatever works best for unique identification. Then in the FIND window, apply the filter for which column the search should be performed on.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]