FORUMS: list search recent posts

Considering Move to Avid- Best way to make lots of lower thirds.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Devin Crane
Considering Move to Avid- Best way to make lots of lower thirds.
on Dec 8, 2011 at 4:56:38 pm

Currently we have a pre-made Motion file that we use as our template and copy text from a log file into that template and make close to 50 lower thirds for each program. It's nice since we don't have to export each one but just lay the motion file directly onto the timeline in FCP. I saw the auto text feature built into MC but was wondering if there is anything similar to the workflow that I'm using in FCP for our Lower Thirds. I know I can export each one to a .mov file but would prefer not to since it would take too long to export 50 individually.

Return to posts index

Brian Vedholm
Re: Considering Move to Avid- Best way to make lots of lower thirds.
on Dec 8, 2011 at 8:26:39 pm

I have been using FCP7 and Motion just like you. Switched to Avid but still not quite sure about the best workflow between Avid and Motion. However, you don't need to export .mov from Motion. The .motn file will import into Avid.

Return to posts index

Scott Cumbo
on Dec 8, 2011 at 8:45:34 pm

Check out this tutorial...http://avidscreencast.com/2010/02/17-automate-title-creation-with-marquees-...

You can have the Avid automaticly create all you L3rds from a text file (after you set up your template of course)

Scott Cumbo
Editor
Broadway Video, NYC

Return to posts index

Devin Crane
on Dec 8, 2011 at 10:24:43 pm

Thanks for the link, saw another about animating in Marquee that really helped as well. Looks like there maybe some promise to it once we get our templates animated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]