FORUMS: list search recent posts

Match Frame

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson Torres
Match Frame
on Dec 7, 2011 at 9:07:47 am

I just installed Media Composer 5.5.2 on Mac OSX 10.6.8 (migrating from FCP7). Everything seems to be working fine except the 'match frame' doesn't work. I park the timeline on a frame in the sequence, hit match frame and nothing happens in the source. I tried dumping prefs. Any other possible remedies?

Every frame has its own unique place in space and time.

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Match Frame
on Dec 7, 2011 at 2:57:34 pm

Do you have the source side track for the video/audio you want to match frame activated in your patch panel? If you don't, it won't match frame anything.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Dec 7, 2011 at 3:05:05 pm

remember match frame works on a hierarchy of video and audio tracks from top to bottom.
If you have 3 video tracks, and the V1 and V3 tracks are active, match frame will give you the footage on V3. If you wanted to match frame V1, you have to de-activate V3 and V2.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Ed Cilley
on Dec 7, 2011 at 10:46:01 pm

[Nelson Torres] "I tried dumping prefs."

Avid doesn't work like FCP. You don't need to dump Preferences. If you are getting errors, exit and restart the app. If errors continue, reboot.

There is an old Avid adage, "Activate, Indicate, Operate". That is true for almost any edit system. Activate the window or timeline you want to work with. Indicate the function you want (in this case, indicate the track you want to match to). Operate, hit the match key.

Hope Glenn's suggestion worked for you.

Return to posts index

Scott Cole
on Dec 8, 2011 at 3:01:49 am

With Media Composer, there's an even easier way to Match Frame. As Glenn said, you can match using the match button and it will match to the highest indicated track, but even easier is to right click on the track indicator light of your choice on the patch area and you will get "matchframe" as a choice in the popout menu. This way you don't have to click off upper tracks to match to a lower track on your timeline.

M. Scott Cole
Senior Post Production Editor
60 MINUTES
CBS News, NYC
sc6@cbsnews.com
mscottc@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Nelson Torres
on Dec 8, 2011 at 5:06:23 am

Thanks for all the suggestions. It seems that I must reinstall the software. The match frame button simply doesn't work. I did however get to do a match frame utilizing Scott's advice. It works one way but no the other. Weird huh? This was a fresh install as well.

Every frame has its own unique place in space and time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]