FORUMS: list search recent posts

Screen Resolution---must restart...why?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Wales
Screen Resolution---must restart...why?
on Dec 1, 2011 at 9:03:03 pm

We have recently upgraded to a z800, running Win 7, 64 Pro, 16G RAM, nVidia Quadro 5000, Nitris DX. I installed the MC 6 upgrade and it runs perfectly. However, something peculiar happens when Avid is left running during the evening when no one is in the studio. In the morning, we're greeted with three identical error messages saying, "You must restart the application after changing the resolution". After clicking OK, MC shuts down and once it's back up and running, it operates perfectly. The monitors are HP ZR22w with a screen resolution on each monitor set at 1920 x 1080.

BTW, we had the same error during the brief time we had 5.5.3 and it happens regardless of who's logged on to the PC.

I would love to solve this! Thanks, Craig

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Screen Resolution---must restart...why?
on Dec 1, 2011 at 9:15:57 pm

I've run into the same problem. It seems to happen when ever the monitors go into power saving mode or if we turn them off. We adjusted the time to 12 hours now, so they don't shut down and it's fine.

It's odd, cause Iwe don't have this problem on my other systems running 2000 or Vista, just Windows 7.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Craig Wales
on Dec 1, 2011 at 9:23:44 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Johnny. It's nice to know that it's not just happening to us! If I learn how to correct the problem, I will post the solution here. --Craig

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Dec 2, 2011 at 9:21:29 am

I think you are OK as long as you don't turn the monitors off. Sleep should work, but it may depend on your graphics card. If your graphics card detects a change, MC will respond.

Return to posts index

John Alaska
on Dec 3, 2014 at 8:56:21 am

Hello Craig,

Did you find a solution for this problem? I'm having the same one.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]