FORUMS: list search recent posts

WTF!!! No Adrenaline!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david braman
WTF!!! No Adrenaline!
on Dec 1, 2011 at 6:46:49 pm

So I upgrade to 6.0 only to discover after the install that 6.0 does not support Adrenaline (nor Nitro). How about making that real clear on the site. Now I'm going to have to go through uninstalling 6.0; re-installing 5.5; and hoping that everything comes back exactly as I left it. Is Avid taking a page from Final Cut.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: WTF!!! No Adrenaline!
on Dec 1, 2011 at 7:09:05 pm

I'm very sorry that this information did not reach you in time. It was announced early 2011 that Adrenaline and Classic Nitris were EOL with the "next major release" (which turned out to be v6).

Nitris DX is most certainly still certified.

A message about Classic Nitris and Adrenaline being EOL'd was sent to registered customers, an announcement was made on the website, on various forums, and a trade-in promotion to Nitris DX was being offered during the first half of 2011, IIRC.
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=385855

You probably don't want to hear this right now, but you might consider replacing the Adrenaline with one of the many 3rd party options that have become available with MC6. They are relatively cheap, and all of them support HD.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 1, 2011 at 7:53:49 pm

Adrenaline is the worse Avid hardware in existence...you should be GLAD to get rid of it. Adrenaline is the whole reason I left Avid for FCP in the first place.

They did mention previously that MC5.5 would be the last version that supported Adrenaline. But they should make it clear that it doesn't work with MC6.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

david braman
on Dec 1, 2011 at 7:54:54 pm

Yea...like on the stinking website when go to click on "buy"

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 1, 2011 at 8:56:12 pm

The SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS page doesn't show Adrenaline...just FYI.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Media-Composer?cmpid=70140000000TgRp

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Colantuoni
on Dec 1, 2011 at 10:43:26 pm

Hi,

Sorry that you did not receive these communications. The Adrenaline architecture was a 32 bit architecture and we were starting to have to exclude features from working on this (Like RGB support) thus we discontinued the product when we moved to 64 bit only. We did run a promotion in Q4 2010, Q1 and Q2 and sent out numerous communications to try to get the word out to everybody. We did recently lower the price of a Nitris DX to (US) $5499, this includes one year of extended warranty. Otherwise you can run your software v6 in software only mode and investigate some of the other choices out there for hardware support from a 3rd party.

Hope this helps,

Dave Colantuoni
Media Composer Product Manager

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]