FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid MC 5.5 stupid little things

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Wysocka
Avid MC 5.5 stupid little things
on Nov 25, 2011 at 1:20:55 pm

Probably I am doing something other way round. I got 3 months ago Avid 5.5 and month ago a computer that would run it. Now I have installed it and started to watch tutorials ect.
I got myslef a monitor with larger resolution so I can have video tutorials and avid turned on at the same time. I thought that doing simultaneusly whatever tutorial shows will be faster and more effective. I have encountered so far small problems like
being not able to open clip bins. I can see that icon has changed to open bin but there is no bin anywhere. I have find out that everytime I want to open bin I have to first maximize window than open - new window with open bin appears and than adjust avid window to take only half of the screen. Similar problem I had with opening Command Palette. But this time maximizing window is not working. I have to close project, re-open project in maximized window and than tools - command pallete or keyboard shortcut will work.
Is it one of those things that you always have to work on maximized avid window or it could be some kind of system glitch. Has anyone encountered such small, trivial but at the same time annoying problem?

Return to posts index

Scott Thomas
Re: Avid MC 5.5 stupid little things
on Nov 26, 2011 at 7:17:50 am

Hi Anna. I suggest you go to the Windows>Workspaces menu in Avid and select Source/Record editing. If this was not already selected then your open bins/project window will probably move around. The project windows likes to go to the bottom left of the screen.

Arrange all the bins and tools the way you want them and then go back to the Windows>Workspaces menu and click on "Save Current". The next time you open MC it should restore your layout.

Bins have a habit of hiding behind other windows like your source/record or timeline, so try moving these to see if the bins are behind.

If you are using one monitor check your windows dislay options are not set to extend on to a second monitor. Unlikely if a second monitor is not installed, but possible. The bins could be on the second monitor.

Try these and let the forum know if it solves your problems.

Scott

Return to posts index

Anna Wysocka
on Nov 28, 2011 at 12:28:27 am

Thank you Scott for your tip.
I have tried to check everything you have written but I still have the same problem. I think that there might be something else that could trigger my problem. When I turn on Avid I receive an information that Desktop compositing must be disabled. When I click continue (and allow to disable it temporary) I get message that the color scheme has been changed from Windows Aero to Basic. Perhaps this is a reason for hiding my bins when screen is not full size but minimized to half size.
I have already checked and I have only one display set up. I moved around bins and windows in all directions and there was nothing underneath. As i said something small, stupid but still a bit annoying. Well I think I will just have to remember to work on Avid on full screen when opening bins and command palette :/

Return to posts index

John Neer
on Nov 28, 2011 at 5:10:37 pm

Question>>>did you upgrade from 4.0.5 or just started with 5.5 as a new product for editing?

Return to posts index

Anna Wysocka
on Dec 2, 2011 at 11:17:22 am

I have installed brand new full version MC 5.5 on fresh brand new computer - no upgrades no other editing software on computer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]