FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC 5 viewing problem

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Lewis
MC 5 viewing problem
on Nov 24, 2011 at 12:19:05 pm

I know most people are up to MC 6, which I might do so as well, but I recently updated my PC computer to Windows 7 (32 bit prof.) and re-installed my MC5, which I purchased last year (purchased MC4 the year before).

After installation and getting it to open proplerly, I imported a MOV clip edited on my older AVID and encountered a problem.

I cannot playback the clip and see an image in either of the two screens. I see the file/timeline in each window. I hear the soundtrack fine and I can see frame images move if I drag the cursor along the time-line (good quailty too). Is their some switch/button I'm missing for some mode I might be in?

Another bug I've encountered (related?)... when I try and adjust the screen size of either monitor boxes, they disappear and I have to click on the toolbar drag-down menu for "Source editing" to get the screens back. I want to create an editing set up that's comfortable for me and I can't make any adjustments without loosing the screens.

I have been off editing AVID for awhile, and I like being back... I just don't like the bugs I'm encountering... If this happens now, what will be with MC 6??

David C. Lewis
Editor- Director
DCL Video Productions

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: MC 5 viewing problem
on Nov 24, 2011 at 12:37:42 pm

Win 7 32-bit was never qualified for use with MC5. See the Avid Version Matrix. http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=267087

Return to posts index

David Lewis
Re: MC 5 viewing problem
on Nov 24, 2011 at 12:54:50 pm

Hello Job ter Burg-

I thank you for your reply.

Well.. that takes care of that issue.... I frankly hadn't looked at MC5's compatability with W7... since seemed to operated fine on my XP OS I didn't think to check the bit rate.

No doubt I will have to already up-grade to 64 bit and re-install everything. So close and yet so far, and a costly mistake. Yet at least I know what should be the problem.

All the best,

David

David C. Lewis
Editor- Director
DCL Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]