FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid to Resolve question...

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat Baril
Avid to Resolve question...
on Nov 22, 2011 at 2:20:39 pm

Hello all, here is my problem. We will be doing a show shot in Prores 422. All offline will be done in another facility using Avid MC 5. But, since they are using very old PC, they cannot use the source Prores in AMA, their machine are too slow, they ask for DNXHD_36. Thing is, the grading in Resolve will be done using the source Prores. I am not an Avid user ( I barely know it ), I am FCP and the online will be done in FCP.

I did some test with compressor to convert the Prores in DNXHD_36.mov, to be able to use the fast import in avid. Worked fine. But I loose the link to the source clip. If I use Avid to convert the Prores, it is painfully slow...

Is there a way in Avid to relink all clip to their respective Prores clip before exporting the AAF?

Or something I can do in resolve to point the Prores clip instead ( kind of "forget about the .xmf file" knid of thing?

Thanks for any help!

PAT

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid to Resolve question...
on Nov 23, 2011 at 2:33:10 pm

The MediaFile names is not what is used in the conform. The original filename is tracked within the bin and part of the EDL or AAF that is exported for Resolve. If you look in your bin, you will see the original ProRes filename in the SOURCE FILE or TAPE column.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]