FORUMS: list search recent posts

First Avid > Davinci Resolve job - how to tell editor to prep?!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew smith
First Avid > Davinci Resolve job - how to tell editor to prep?!
on Nov 21, 2011 at 3:17:45 pm

Hello friends,

Just in time for my first Avid job I have updated to Resolve 8.1.1 and I want to make sure to tell the editor & assistant exactly how to prep things for me to grade. Short turn around on this so no room for mistakes or hiccups really. I am new to fairly new Resolve but have a FCP / Color background and have a little xml experience with Resolve in test runs but just with FCP7. I have a few questions about this process for avid prep.

This project is a 15 minute short film, seems to be mostly just cuts, nothing too crazy for gfx / effects as far as i could tell from the snippet i saw.

- Shooting format: RED MX, 4.5k
- Frame rate is 24fps

The avid project is 1080p/23.976, all of the files are mxf files DNXHD175. They plan to prep everything today and I just want to make sure to tell them exactly what they need to do in order for me to properly grade the r3d files and render back out however they want. I am coming from the FCP/Color world so please excuse my greenness here, I just don't know whether to ask them to remove dissolves, speed changes, etc and collapse to a single video track or what. I also always have fcp projects media managed with handles and prep things according to certain guidelines so I assume I can have them do the same in Avid yes?

Any info people can provide on workflow to make sure it comes to me correctly prepped and I can deliver back seamlessly.

Thanks you
Andrew

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]