FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID FX problem

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John O'Connor
AVID FX problem
on Nov 20, 2011 at 12:03:42 am

Hi!

I am quite stuck on Avid FX. I have a pan shot and want to incorporate text into it. So in FX I have created the text, but I want it to appear as part of the pan, ie that as the pan moves the text moves with it, as if it were part of the video. However, I can't work out how to do it, as I have tried marking key frames, but it doesn't incorporate it well enough. Has anyone got any ideas? It is driving me a bit mad.

J.

Return to posts index

Scott Cumbo
Re: AVID FX problem
on Nov 20, 2011 at 1:46:19 am

Create your title, in title tool, marquee(I know thats not spelled right) or photoshop. Than cut it on the layer above and use the tracker to follow the motion of your pan.

Scott Cumbo
Editor
Broadway Video, NYC

Return to posts index

John O'Connor
on Nov 20, 2011 at 8:24:21 am

I don't suppose you could explain that a little bit more. sorry, I am quite new to avid, so treat me as a bit of an idiot. I can create a title in title too/marquee and then? also, idelly my text would be at an angle, as if part of the video.

Return to posts index

John O'Connor
on Nov 20, 2011 at 10:52:32 am

I have managed to get the tracker to go, but when the shot pans, the text from my title gets very shakey as the pan moves round. When it gets to the point I want the text to have disappeared as the shot pans it moves a lot more, before disappearing. Any tips?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]