FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving MC5 to New Comp; Missing Paperwork w/Product Key

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Cummins
Moving MC5 to New Comp; Missing Paperwork w/Product Key
on Nov 18, 2011 at 11:30:44 pm

Need some help. My company is about to get a new media server on Monday, which prompted the upgrading of our third edit bay's computer from an old HP xw8400 to a new 8-core 16GB machine. Computer arrived today, and we realized we had misplaced the software box for this station.

Currently I have AVID Media Composer 5.0.3 with the whole production suite (Sorenson, AvidFX, etc). We have the upgrade to MC 5.5 but haven't applied it to this computer's dongle yet (we were waiting for when we transfer to the new comp). I can use the install discs to install MC on the new machine, but need the Product Key for AVID FX. Is there any way I can look in AVID to find this?

Saturday will be the last best chance for me to work on this. Thanks for all your help!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Moving MC5 to New Comp; Missing Paperwork w/Product Key
on Nov 19, 2011 at 5:03:45 pm

I believe if you were to use the "unregister" button on avid, leaving the checkbox "remove all information from this computer" unchecked, then relaunch avid, and register, that information will appear for you to
say "yes, thats my id and serial number"

Also, your system id comes up when you launch the software, and when you click the "about avid media composer" tab.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]