FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC6 doesn't recognize MBox 3

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Morales
MC6 doesn't recognize MBox 3
on Nov 18, 2011 at 8:10:37 pm

Hi everyone,

On the Avid website it says that you can connect an MBox 3 to your computer for recording voice overs etc. but for some reason the MC6 software doesn't see the hardware connected. On the website it also says: "Please note that video hardware must be disabled/disconnected when using an audio interface."

Am I supposed to throw out my Decklink card so I can make use of my audio interface?!?

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: MC6 doesn't recognize MBox 3
on Nov 23, 2011 at 1:56:54 am

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe if the Decklink card is present, the audio I/O has to go through the Decklink card when in the Avid software. This is probably to assure correct sync and sample rates.

I have a Decklink and Mbox2 Mini on my system. The Mbox2 is only used as a core audio device. All the other apps are OK with it. I did have to re-install its drivers after I installed the Avid MC software. I'm not absolutely sure if this problem is also related to Lion and 64-bit. In any case, I can use the Mbox with other apps, but need to use the Decklink with Avid.

Is there a problem with simply using both? Do you have a small mixer in your system? You might need to add this so you can select the outputs between either the Mbox or the Decklink.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Juan Morales
Re: MC6 doesn't recognize MBox 3
on Nov 23, 2011 at 7:35:48 pm

The thing is that I'd like to record "draft" voice overs from time to time with Avid's Audio Punch In tool. But it looks like the whole MBox is not being recognized at all by Avid.

Will try re-installing the MBox drivers, perhaps then... Anyone else has this problem?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]