FORUMS: list search recent posts

Open MC 5.5.3 project in MC 6?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Halper
Open MC 5.5.3 project in MC 6?
on Nov 17, 2011 at 5:01:11 am

I recently switched to MC from FCP and have started my first project. I'd like to continue the project with MC 6. The only thing that has been done is media has been imported with DNxHD, audio has been synced to the video clips, and sequences have been assembled for the dailies. Any issues upgrading to MC 6 and opening that project in it?

Mike

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Open MC 5.5.3 project in MC 6?
on Nov 17, 2011 at 9:04:40 am

Ive not had the pleasure of using mc6 yet, but in general forward compatibility is normal so you should be ok. backward compatibility not so. so opening a 5.5 in 6.0 should be ok, but the 6.0 session may not open in 5.5 any more.
peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Chris Conlee
on Nov 17, 2011 at 1:56:15 pm

In general, even backwards usually works, as long as you don't use any of the new features, such as surround or specific RTAS plugins.

I'm LOVING v6, btw. It's nice to see the activity monitors pegging out at 80-90% on ALL the processors when I do a render! Very fast.

Chris

Return to posts index

Andrew McKee
on Nov 17, 2011 at 2:12:17 pm

I have tested forwards and backwards between 6 and 5.5 and its worked great. Like mentioned, some effects and features can lock you into the current version, but bins of footage and basic sequences have always been compatible with Avid.

Andy

Andrew McKee
Editor/Colourist
Avid Certified Instructor - MC5.5
Apple Certified Trainer - FCP7
Pixelwizard.net

Return to posts index

Mike Halper
on Nov 17, 2011 at 2:58:26 pm

Ok thanks for the tips. I went ahead and did the install. Having some serious problems though. I'll post another thread about it. Need help.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]